Ledger Hardware Wallet
Ledger has added support for Mina to their Nano S and Nano X hardware wallets. Install the Mina application on your hardware device to store your funds and interact with the Mina blockchain.
Please note that it's not yet possible to sign zkApp transactions using a Ledger wallet.
The Mina app supports the following operations:
- Generating keypairs
- Signing payment transactions
- Signing delegation transaction
The Mina app does not support the following operations:
- Signing zkApp transactions
- Native LedgerLive wallet integrations (but you can use 3rd party wallets, see below)
You can download the Mina app to your Ledger Nano S or Nano X using the instructions below.
Installing the Mina app
Before you get started, download Ledger Live if you have not done so already:
Make sure your Ledger firmware is on the latest version supporting Mina.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Allow the manager on your device.
- Search for Mina in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button. Your device will display Processing....
- Once the download is completed, Ledger Live will display Installed.
A couple reminders regarding hardware wallets:
- Make sure to backup your secret pneumonomic phrase
- Keep your ledger up-to-date
Why does signing a transaction take so long?
Since Mina uses new cryptography and Ledger does not have hardware acceleration support, you may experience that signing with the Mina app takes longer than other wallets. We hope that this cryptography will be supported by Ledger in the future.
Why don't I see the option to update my firmware?
If your Nano X firmware does not offer an option to upgrade to the latest version, it means your device is in the process of getting staged for the update. Just wait 1 or 2 days to see if the option is available. If not, reach out to Ledger support.
Congrats! Now that you have installed Mina’s Ledger app, you can start using your Ledger and connect to one of Mina’s Ledger supported wallets:
If you need help or have any questions about Ledger, join the #ledger-hardware channel on Discord!